Pneuma Solutions is seeking an experienced front-end web developer for a desktop application using Electron. This is a remote contract position.
What you’ll be working on
We are currently developing a web browser based on Electron, designed to make the web easier to use for blind people. In addition to standard web browsing functionality, our browser will include features designed specifically for blind users, including an automatic reader mode, an accessibility overlay blocker, and integrations with our subscription services. You will be responsible for taking our current proof of concept, implementing the remaining features, completing the user interface, and preparing the product for release.
- Experience developing accessible web applications, including testing with screen readers on Windows and Mac
- Deep understanding of HTTP: a web browser must use the web’s core protocol correctly and efficiently
- Security awareness: a web browser is the most security-sensitive application on most personal computers, and our users trust us to get this right
- Experience releasing and maintaining a desktop application, regardless of platform or programming language
- Experience with automated testing, continuous integration, and release automation
- Chromium extension development experience
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email employment@PneumaSolutions.com with your personal cover letter, your résumé, and a link to your GitHub profile or equivalent. We need to move forward quickly with this project, so we look forward to your application.
Leave a Reply