Gone are the days when you have to call on a friend or family member to read your mail and other hard copy. DocuScan Plus makes it easy to scan, read, save, and email printed material and PDF documents, and because our product resides in the cloud, it is the only assistive technology product of its kind that makes these documents available to you wherever you may need them. Talk about dramatically improving your experience with the printed word!
Please download this Windows installer to get started.
Getting Started for Mac Users
First, if you haven’t already done so, install DocuScan Plus from the Mac App Store.
When you run DocuScan Plus for Mac for the first time, you will be prompted to log into your Pneuma Solutions account. You won’t be able to create an account or purchase DocuScan Plus from within the software, due to Apple’s Mac App Store policies. Instead, you’ll need to follow the instructions below, depending on whether you have a Pneuma Solutions account and on whether you want to try the software or buy it.
To start a 14-day trial:
- If you already have a Pneuma Solutions account, just log into your existing account in the DocuScan Plus app, and you’ll be prompted to start a trial.
- If you don’t yet have a Pneuma Solutions account, create a free account here, then log into that account in DocuScan Plus to start your trial.
To buy DocuScan Plus:
- If you don’t yet have a Pneuma Solutions account, follow this link to create an account and buy DocuScan Plus, then log into that account in the DocuScan Plus app.
- If you already have a Pneuma Solutions account, follow this link to log into your existing account and buy DocuScan Plus, then log into that same account in the DocuScan Plus app if you haven’t already done so.
- Easily scan books, magazines, bank statements and more with quick, intuitive keystrokes
- Log into DocuScanPlus.com to retrieve these documents on demand from any Internet connected Windows-based computer.
- Convert scanned results to DAISY, MP3, braille, or large print
- Send documents to your Amazon Kindle
- E-mail documents without ever leaving DocuScan Plus
- Password protect material for added security
DocuScan Plus raises the impact of the printed word to the power of the worldwide web. We took the best optical character recognition technology, harnessed the efficiency of cloud deployment, and leveraged the combination to give you accurate scanning results in a variety of accessible formats.
DocuScan Plus is the most versatile compatible OCR package of its kind. It is the first fully accessible, Internet-based scanning and reading software for the blind and visually impaired that works with both Windows and the Mac. Using a variety of popular scanners or a HoverCam document camera in conjunction with DocuScan Plus, you can convert printed materials and PDF files into text and access your converted documents at a public library, in your office, or on your commute with a mobile device. Connect with one of our helpful customer service representatives to learn more.
Don’t pay extra for accessing DocuScan Plus on a Windows PC and a Mac. Scan materials on Windows and access them from your Mac. Scan materials on your Mac or PC and access them from any Internet-connected Windows PC by visiting www.DocuScanPlus.com. This is universal access at its best!
With DocuScan Plus you won’t need an expensive screen reader to use the application. On Windows, DocuScan Plus provides its own speech output and magnification; on the Mac, it works seamlessly with VoiceOver and Zoom.
Download the Windows installer here.
Download the Mac version here.
Our products are traditionally designed to be as intuitive as possible, beginning with the installation. Online help for DSP 3 is available here:
Interested in what people are already saying about the new version? Check out this e-mail we received from Mike A.:
Just wanted to say how much I love the new version of docuscan plus. You guys are doing a great job. I love all of the new features, and bookshare is my favorite. It is so awesome, you guys added that feature. I already added more books to down load. Keep up the good work.
- Read the AFB AccessWorld review of DocuScan Plus
- Listen to a presentation demonstrating DocuScan Plus for Windows on Accessible World
- Listen to a demonstration of DocuScan Plus for Windows
- Listen to a demonstration of DocuScan Plus for Mac
- Watch a short video about DocuScan Plus
What Customers Say
“I love how I can now scan a chapter from a book in my dorm and later read that chapter on my iPhone on the bus. That’s just crazy! The good kind of crazy.”–Kristy Callahan
Own your copy of DocuScan Plus right now for $299. Can’t swing that price right now? No problem, we’ve got you covered. Take advantage of one of two convenient payment plans. Make three easy monthly payments of $99 plus a $10 processing fee, or spread payments out over six months at $49 per month plus a $10 processing fee. With Pneuma Solutions, money is not an obstacle for owning the software that helps you maximize your independence.
Our Accessibility Anywhere package also includes DocuScan Plus. Ask about Accessibility Anywhere which includes three popular productivity apps and a new communications interface to deliver optimal access and entertainment