Welcome to Scribe for Meetings
As the world continues to move to a virtual environment, you need an affordable solution that guarantees full access to everyone in your audience. Pneuma Solutions, the global leader in accessible cloud solutions, introduces Scribe for Meetings! The goal is to make the on-screen content in your online meetings and webinars accessible to print-impaired participants in as easy a manner as possible.
During the beta period, Scribe for Meetings is free. After the beta, to use this service as a presenter, your organization must have a master account with Pneuma Solutions. For more information about pricing for ongoing meetings or large webinars click here.
How to Use Scribe for Meetings
If you are the host:
- Enter your email address at your organization. You will receive an email with a link to log into Scribe for Meetings. You only need to do this part one time; after that, your browser will stay logged into Scribe for Meetings.
- Enter a title for your meeting and paste the meeting URL into the online form.
- Upload your PowerPoint slide deck to the Scribe for Meetings platform. If you have multiple slide decks, e.g. for a meeting with multiple presenters, you can upload them all at this point.
NOTE: Scribe for Meetings currently supports Zoom meetings and webinars. Sign up to our email list to receive a notification when we add features and additional meeting platforms.
Your content will be ready to launch within 5 minutes. No knowledge of creating accessible documents is required. The host does not need to run extra software on their device and content can be uploaded as little as 5 minutes before the meeting.
If you are a print-impaired participant:
- Copy the link to the meeting to the clipboard.
- Paste in the meeting link below and press the “Go” button.
How Does Scribe for Meetings Work?
Using Scribe for Meetings to attend events is always free.
The Scribe for Meetings app runs during the presentation, monitors the information being displayed in the meeting, and sends information about the on-screen content to the Scribe cloud service. Scribe syncs that information with the slides that the presenter previously uploaded, and displays an accessible version of the content in real time in its own window, where a print-impaired participant can read the content as if they were reading a web page.
Presenters can optionally provide the content of a presentation for later offline viewing in alternate formats. Using our Augmented Document Remediation technology, Scribe for Meetings can convert your presentation into eight different accessible formats in over 140 different languages:
- Accessible HTML
- Tagged PDF
- MP3, via text-to-speech in about a dozen languages
- DAISY, text plus audio
- Braille: Grade 1, Grade 2, and Unified English Braille
- Large print
Scribe’s Augmented Document Remediation technology has seen an average 96% accuracy, as reported by our users and internal testing. We are obsessively improving our ADR technology until we reach 100% automated document remediation. However, in the event certified human document remediation of the presentation is necessary, we can provide it for as little as $10 per page with turnaround usually within about 72 hours, depending on the complexity of the source material.