Full-Stack Desktop Application Developer
Pneuma Solutions is seeking a full-stack application developer for a desktop application using a combination of Electron and Rust along with a server-side API and companion web interface. This is a remote contract position.
What you’ll be working on
Remote Incident Manager is the world’s only fully accessible remote desktop solution. RIM is already shipping as a minimum viable product, and is being ported to its second platform. Now we need a developer who can implement more features, especially features needed by larger organizations. The desktop application uses Electron and is written primarily in TypeScript, with native modules written in Rust.
- Experience developing accessible applications using web technologies, including testing with screen readers on Windows and macOS
- Full-stack web development experience, using both APIs and server-rendered web interfaces
- Experience developing real-time applications using two-way communication technologies such as WebSockets and WebRTC
- Security awareness: remote desktop access is a very security-sensitive application, and our customers trust us to get this right
- Experience releasing and maintaining a desktop application, regardless of platform or programming language
- Experience with automated testing, continuous integration, and release automation
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email employment@PneumaSolutions.com with your personal cover letter, your résumé, and a link to your GitHub profile or equivalent. We need to move forward quickly with this position, so we look forward to your application.