Download the DocuScan Plus V3 audio demonstration here.
Serotek proudly announces the first public release candidate for DocuScan Plus V3, a powerful and affordable OCR option with cross-platform support. Before we deem it final, we’d like you to help us kick the tires. You do not have to be a current Serotek customer to participate, but note that certain features may only be available for customers who have pre-ordered the product.
- Updated OCR engine
- OCR for other languages, including: Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (including Brazilian), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish
- Bookshare integration
- Improved heading detection
- Place marking within large documents
- Ability to import documents in popular text formats so users can convert them to DAISY, MP3, or Braille, and store them in the cloud; formats include: .epub, .doc, .docx, .rtf, .txt, .html
- Ability to open image files, including: .jpg, .png, .tiff, .gif, .bmp
- Ability to open documents in DSP directly from Windows Explorer
- More efficient processing of long PDF documents
- Better consistency in functionality and UI between the Windows and Mac versions
- Better support for third-party screen readers in the Windows version; users can use DSP in conjunction with a third-party screen reader rather than putting the screen reader to sleep.
Install the Release Candidate Now!
The installation process will be intuitive. Remember, you do not need to use System Access as your screen reader for DSP to work. Feel free to stick to your own screen reader on Windows.
Download the Windows Release Candidate here. The RC is a part of our normal Windows installer. Simply choose the correct package at installation.
Download the Mac version here.
Full documentation will be provided upon final release. But, don’t panic. Our products are traditionally designed to be as intuitive as possible, beginning with the installation.
If you have any questions, please contact technical support.